The weekend wasn't as helpful as I really needed it to be. I really didn't get as much as I would have liked to done. I ended up sleeping or just having no energy to do really anything. I really tried to plan out everything for this upcoming week, but that really didn't work out. Thing is, I'm having issues figuring out exactly what I want to teach my Film class and my Multimedia class. I know what I need to teach them in order for them to pass the state test, but how to get to that point is the other matter. I'm not too sure on what programs I should teach first and how to go about making sure that they have enough time to complete all the assignments. Some are faster than others, so I've just been taking the middle ground.
I already have some students who are in the F range because they haven't been showing up to class and completing the in-class assignments that cannot be made up. Also, the 1 class I have on Odd days after lunch is going to wear my patience thin. Yesterday I got so frustrated with them that I actually raised my voice. I got some really surprised looks because of how loud my voice actually is and how powerful I can make it. Hopefully they take into consideration what I said and how I said it because I really mean what I said and I'll do it too.
Sigh. Anyway, back to fretting about what to do with my Multimedia and Film classes. I think I've decided to start with Photoshop in my Multimedia class because that way they can use it when they are trying to work with the other programs. I'm thinking that should take about 2 weeks, but then I'm stumped as to what I should go to next. I'm thinking that I should go and invest in some of the lesson/tutorial how-to books on the Creative Suite 3 and see if they have any lessons that I can borrow from.
The state has changed some of the requirements for the Multimedia class and now--as far as I understand it--there are 2 state tests that they need to take. I'm a bit confuzzled about how it all works, but I'll read over the documentation and really get to the bottom of it all. As for the Film class, that is kind if hard to figure out how to go about teaching them, but for now we've covered camera movements, shots, and angles. I have 1 great film class and 1 not so great film class. I really wish that I could tell the good students in my bad class to switch classes, but that is up to their schedules. I'm thinking about moving on to really pushing story next. I think that is really important. We'll see how this goes. I'm hoping that perhaps this weekend I'll be able to really get things done and set for the next week.
Right now I'm in my prep period and it really feels good to be able to have a long break and just collect myself for my last class, which is my really talkative class. I have found that classes after lunch are either zombieish or they are hyper. Luckily it is one of my computer tech classes and that is pretty structured and all I really have to do is follow the booklet and the powerpoints. I have 3 of these classes, so I don't have to prep anything for them, which is nice. It gives me the extra time to try and get the other classes done, which at this point I really need it.
1 comment:
You're right Court, I should just give them the glare of death, but I don't know if it will work on some of these students. We'll see.
(for some odd reason, the computer won't let me post your comment)
Post a Comment