Having all 8 periods in one day is the way that I like to teach. Quick, on my feet, no time for the students to just lull around. However that isn't the way that the school is set up, so I've got to try and adjust that because the normal schedule starts tomorrow. Ugg! 85 minute classes?! You're kidding me right? I don't know if I can do this, so tomorrow will be a trial run. Sorry students!
But being able to see all the different grades that I have together was . . . interesting to say the least. I know that I'm going to have a few students who are going to try my nerves. Specifically Pink-Pants Guy, Blue-Hair Guy, Pink-Hair Girl, James Dean Lookalike, Suspenders Dude, and Parrot. And to make matters worse, those 6 are all in one class. Then I have the Gaggle Girls from my freshman class; I know that I'm going to end up separating them and they aren't going to like it but for my sanity, that is going to happen.
I also have the excuse from students that they can't find my room on time. I had so many tardies today. I didn't count them, but they did happen. When I said that I wouldn't count them today, but starting tomorrow I would, I had a few dropping faces. They were thinking that I was going to let them off. I even had one girl say that they never let her out of her seminary class on time so she couldn't make it to my class on time. So I told her to book it down here because if everyone else can make it, then you can make it. She gave me a pretty nasty look. It'll be interesting to see how fast she goes into attendance school.
I had so many problems with my computers today, specifically with one program which I couldn't get to work, in any of the 3 classes that I really needed it to work in. Hopefully the tech guy will be able to have it fixed for my one class tomorrow, otherwise I have no idea what I will be doing with them for the 85 minutes I have them. Then I have the film/tv broadcasting class that isn't interested in learning, they just want to be behind a camera and play around. I actually had one students say that he doesn't want to learn anything, he just wants to play around. I told him that if that was all he wanted to do then I would give him the C- right now. The school doesn't work with D any more, so it is either C- or F. Interesting huh?
Anyway, I've got to go kill some trees and make copies. I just realized that I forgot to make a copy of my late work coupon and I have to have that for my class tomorrow. Maybe I should just do it tomorrow during my prep period so I can go home. I don't want to be here any longer than is necessary right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment