So PTCs came and went. It took 5 hours of me sitting there but they went. I had some parents come who have never been to a PTC before and that was great because I could talk to them. There were a few who tried to go over the 5 minute limit when I had 4 other parents sitting behind them, but that was a quick resolve of "please, e-mail me any other comments" and then they were on their way.
I did have a few questions/comments which made me stop and scratch my head for a little: (grammar has not been changed)
~"You're new here so you must not understand the grading policy here."
~"My son/daughter gets straight A's, except in your class. What are you going to do about it?"
~"According to my son/daughter you need more equipment for the video class. Can't ~you go to the gym and borrow what you need?"
~"I already paid my student's fees, by donating to the ________ team."
~"You don't really need parent support in an easy class like this do you?"
~"You're the only teacher that doesn't give extra credit to my student for me taking time out of my busy schedule to come and sit and talk"
~"_______ is on the _________ team, so he needs his homework load lightened so he can keep up with the classes that really matter and sports."
~"My son/daughter is special. You should treat them as such"
~Yep. Those are just a sampling. Let me tell you how I responded to each:
~"So, what is there you think I don't understand?"
~"I don't know. What is your son/daughter going to do about getting their grade up"
~"I don't use the same equipment as the gym classes" (after trying not to laugh)
~"Donating to a sports team isn't the same as paying the fees in the bookstore."
~No response to that one
~"I don't give out homework, if he finishes everything he needs to in class." There was more I wanted to say, but I couldn't.
~No real response to this one either. I just smiled and nodded.
No comments:
Post a Comment