So things have started to pick up a little bit. Now the semester is beginning to move on. Most of the strange class changes are finished. My rolls are a bit more stable, but I see a really big problem happening with 8th period next term. I have 2 students who only need to take term 2 and I'm full at the moment. One is still on my regular roll, which is nice, it means that I have a TA in that period without really wasting my TA numbers. But it'll be interesting to see how things play out.
But february is CTE month here at the school which means there may be a time that I actually get to sit and think. We also got a "survival" kit of sorts. It had an emergency blanket, granola bar, hand warmers and a roll of toilet paper in it. Interesting and fun at the same time. There will also be some times that I don't have to bring my lunch (yay, I get fed!) and this week's schedule is a bit wonky too. The sophomores have UBSKT testing and some of the teachers get to proctor the tests. I happen to be part of the lucky few who get to proctor. I'm not to concerned about it considering that I have the juniors and seniors who haven't passed the reading portion of the test. I'm just worried that I will do something that I'm not supposed to do and then get in trouble for it. I don't think that will happen, however we'll see. But that means that for the next three days, the schedule is shortened--which is a good and a bad thing at the same time. It is good because for 2 out of the 3 days, I get off early and I can go and get things done. The bad is that the classes are shortened and my students really need the seat time to get their projects done. I guess we'll see what happens by the end of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment