Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 109

I've been a teacher over 100 days and it is really beginning to take its toll. It is amazing when you think about how those teachers who have been teaching for dozens of years can go through everything over and over and over.

Today really hasn't been all that bad teaching-wise. I didn't have all that much to teach today anyway. The freshmen are doing SEOP stuff with the counselors and my film class is working on their projects . . . well, they are supposed to be working on it. Some of them are really working towards their goal of getting stuff done, but others are just slacking off. And then they wonder why their grades start going down or why I'm not taking them seriously when they try to ask me for something. Plus, some of my equipment has gone missing from the classroom which really bugs me. I trusted them to keep my equipment working, but now I am missing 1 camera and 4 firewire cables. The cables can be replaced rather easily, but the camera is a different matter. Why in the world would my students feel they need to steal my cables! Ugg, it really blows my mind because they are just stealing from their classmates and not allowing people to get their work done.

No comments: