The 48 hr shootout with my students went better than planned. They were really diligent with getting their footage finished and set to go. I only had one student not get with me and I no one has heard anything from him. He won't even answer his phone and I've had the school secretaries call along with me calling him. The 2 films that I have seen have some major potential, so it'll be interesting to see how things go.
But as school is getting closer and closer to being finished, I am getting more and more antsy for an answer to the question of whether or not I will have a job come fall. I've applied to a couple of different opportunities, so at least there are options out there. However the problem is most of them are out of the city and I really don't want to commute a huge distance every day. Maybe when commuter-rail is up and running I won't have such a problem with it, but right now, I do.
It is amazing what students will do. For instance, yesterday in the school it started smelling like smoke and wood burning. There was an announcement that came on saying not to worry, the school isn't on fire. Later that day we found out that a student had put a wooden spoon in the microwave in the food's room and it was charred black. Not that I mind the smell of burning wood, but when I'm trying to teach and all my students are "complaining" about the smell, it does start to get a bit annoying.
I'm excited to see the results of the film festival in 2 weeks. I think my students did a good job with their entries and while we didn't have as many as other schools, I think they did a stellar job. I don't say it often enough to them, but I am proud of what they have accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment