GET ME OUT OF HERE!!
Just had to start off the post with that. Every Monday I dread coming back. I don't want to deal with all the drama that goes on in the elementary school. I think the drama is worse here than it is in the high school, and for $300 a week, I don't think it is worth it.
I'm still trying to get a job in my field, but it is proving to be difficult. Many of the school districts are trying to cut back and that means cutting out electives. Lets hope that things go a bit differently in the future so I can have a steady job. But I have heard one good thing from my previous job: the students and faculty don't get along with the new guy one bit. That may be a good sign.
But today has been a trial. Trying to work with young kids is like at times herding cats. They just do whatever they want and I technically can't discipline them because we aren't allowed to anymore. Teachers can send them to "time out" (whatever good that does) and if they are in the upper grades they can penalize their grades. At times it seems that what most of these kids need is a good spanking or major discipline and most of what I see would go away.
1 comment:
I don't know how you can do it. Teenagers were bad enough, but little kids must be an absolute nightmare. And Gym? You have more patience than I think I ever could.
I hope these are "the dues" you have to pay to get the good job later. Still not sure it's worth it, but maybe you can find the silver lining soon.
:)
Post a Comment