I'm a little behind, but that is because I really haven't had the energy to sit down and write during the day. Most of the time I really don't get a break and when I do it is for a quick nap.
I had another job interview but I don't think they liked my teaching style. Plus, they really threw in some odd questions; ones I've never heard of before in an interview. They did ask about my marital status as well as my religion and those are huge NO-NOs when it comes to interview questions. They can't ask those and I have a right to refuse to answer them--which I did--and I don't think they liked that at all. Plus I found out more about their "agreement" which they say is a contract but in all reality it isn't and I'm kind of happy that they didn't call me back about working there. But for now it means that I'm stuck in this job and looking for another part time job to make up the slack in my budget (which is harder than I thought it would be).
But when it comes to the P.E. stuff I'm still not enjoying what I'm doing. I go through the motions and I babysit like they want me to, but I'm not having fun. The kids--for the most part--are having fun but they are beginning to see that I mean business and they can't just fool around when I'm trying to instruct. I already had 2 6th graders, a 4th grader, and a 2nd grader have to run/walk laps for the entire half hour because they were being disrespectful every time I invited them back into the class. It is good weather out there for now so every chance I get I take them outside. For 1, it keeps my ears from hurting by the end of the day (but it takes a toll on my voice) and 2, at least they are breathing relatively fresh air instead of recirculated air.
The weeks just seem to move by slower and slower. When will it be time for a long break away from them?
No comments:
Post a Comment