I am still on the angry side of things, but at least now I have all my lesson plans, worksheets, and tests out of the office. So if anyone enters my office when I'm not around, then they won't find any of my materials. I have come to school a couple times last week and found my office unlocked and I know that I locked it the night before.
But I'm just trying to last out the remaining days of the school year. Yes, I am "under contract" until July 31 so that means I still have to go to all those "meetings" or "workshops", but at least I'll get the training I need and on the school district's dime.
My students in my film and multimedia classes now know. The look of shock on their faces has been "amazing". I say that because I don't think any teacher has ever told them the truth about not coming back the next year. I think they usually just sign up for classes and go through the motions until the next school year and that is when they find out if their teachers are the same or not. There have been some rumors floating around my classroom that a few of my students are starting a petition to keep me here. I can't say anything "legally" on the subject to them, but I can tell them that they need to do what they believe is right.
But school has to continue on, no matter how much I don't want to come into work anymore.
My film students are getting ready to film their final project this week. They have Mon-Thur to film and they've left Friday as a re-shoot day if necessary. I think they are pretty prepared for everything that they have to do. It'll be interesting to see how far they actually take their filming and their storytelling. The script that they have is pretty long (about 30 pages) which is usually about a minute a page, so a 30 minute film. They've never done anything that long before so I'll see if they can actually pull it off. We're in the process of setting up a screening for the 25th. When I mentioned it to them, they all got really excited. I think they just want to be recognized for their work. I don't blame them.
The multimedia students are finishing up their portfolios. I'm not looking forward to actually having to grade those things, but I am excited to see what they actually get finished. I think a few of the students aren't going to finish it, but we'll see when that happens. They take their state test on Thursday. I'm hoping that they do well in it. This half of the test is a bit wonky with everything they need to know.
The computer tech students take their tests on Wed-Thur this week as well. Those are always the days that I have issues. Either a student refuses to take the test or just decides not to show up or the computers go down in the middle of testing. I hope nothing happens because I'm running a little short on time this term. They also have to present their powerpoints and we're going to have to rush through all of that.
I had a few students start to complain about the fact that I'm not going to have any open labs this week after school and I won't open my lab during lunch. If I was to open my lab during lunch I wouldn't get the break that I so desperately need by that time of the day. Plus, I wouldn't be able to have too much control over who uses my lab.
Ugg. 14 more days.
No comments:
Post a Comment