Why do students feel the need to steal? I have had 3 Computer Technology booklets taken out of my classroom and 3 or 4 Premiere Pro Classroom In a Book books taken out as well. I have already warned students about taking the books, but they just don't seem to listen. I think I may have to start assigning students places again and see if that makes a difference. We'll see.
Also, just because they are in my computer technology class they feel that they can print things for other classes in this class using my paper without having to ask or tell me about it. I've had a few students who have come up and asked if they could print something out for their next class and when they ask I usually say sure! No problem. But not today. I went through a ream of paper in 3 days! How is that possible! I mean, yeah I get the occasional "ghost paper" (a paper from another classroom) sent to my printers, but that doesn't happen all that often.
Anyway, it is getting to that point in the year that a lot of the students are sniffling and sneezing and coughing all over the keyboards. I'm almost to the point of wearing latex gloves when I have to work with my student's computers because I'm sure they haven't washed their hands. Gross!
But today is my afterschool lab and I've only had 1 student take advantage of it so far. I'm thinking that near the end of the semester it is going to start being fuller and fuller because I have a lot of stuff due and I'm hoping that they use it. I have no sympathy for students who say that they didn't have enough time to work on assignments when I am here after school Tues and Thurs for open lab and then near the end of the semester I open my lab up every day after school. Plus they have intervention. But they just slack off.
Arg.
No comments:
Post a Comment