And here come the rush of students. I now have students trying to find out "how can I raise my grade?" when the term ends next Friday. I am thinking about making a sign and putting it on my door: "If you didn't do the work, do it. I don't offer extra credit. You should have done the 'for credit' work a bit more carefully. Try again next term" because I feel like I'm repeating this over and over and over again. I probably am, but students don't listen and they don't follow their grade until a week or so before the term ends then they try and catch up. It has been an interesting couple of days.
Luckily enough I have a break from my students for the next 3 days, so it will be a good time for me to catch up on some of the grading and on the lesson planning that I've been doing day-by-day and be free to finish stuff up for the next term, which will be the end of the semester . . . that I think is when students will be trying to get their grades up because of the fact that they can choose to drop out of the class.
My film students are finishing up their News stories and some are looking good, they got the hang of it and some of them don't have everything down quite yet. It'll be interesting to see what they all ended up looking like when I grade them this weekend.
The digital media class is near the end of Illustrator and I'm seeing some fun animation stuff. They should be done with their business cards on Monday, then they have the rest of Monday to finish that up and start on their corporate identity stuff. I'm thinking that they should have Illustrator finished up by the end of the term, and then I'm not sure what program I want to go into next.
1 comment:
Post a Comment