Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 33

My film students are about to get a reality check. They think that they can get away with not turning in the "little" things that are required because they don't think it makes that much of a difference. And they think that they can turn things in late. But I'm not going to accept anything late from them because I think I give them enough time to get everything in. They also have afterschool labs, but not many of them take advantage of that. I think that as the semester goes along they will be taking advantage of that more and more, but this should be a good wake-up call for them.

Computer tech is moving along and I have some students who will not be getting an A in the class because they cannot follow rules or keep their mouths shut when they need to.

Multimedia is moving along. They are just starting Illustrator, which I think is a really powerful program and their final project with Illustrator will be to create a Corporate Identity and create their own personal Identity complete with logo, letterhead, business card, envelope, CD/DVD cover, and a "specialty" item. I haven't decided if I'm going to have them do something else along with that, but we'll see what happens as it gets closer.

No comments: