Thursday, February 27, 2014

What is in the water?

Seriously? It is only 10:50 in the morning and already I've had issues.

~2 students had a "melt-down" when I wouldn't pass them so they "wouldn't be grounded anymore" instead of actually doing their missing work.

~1 student decide that permanent marker goes well with the computer screen.

~1 student tripped another, causing him to crack his nose on the kid's head.

~2 students yelling "it isn't fair!" when I told them that if they didn't save their work, there was nothing I could do if the computer decided to freeze/shut down. I'm not going to spend my time trying to recover their work when I tell them multiple times to save!

~Another student decided it would be 'funny' to go around and unplug the keyboards and mice from the back of each computer and swap them with the computer next to them. . . this happened while I was talking with a parent who just couldn't wait another 10 minutes for class to get over because (and I quote) "My time is much more valuable than a teacher's time".

~1 parent emailed me to tell me that her son needed more time on an assignment that they've had 3 weeks of class time to work on (and they could have taken it home as homework as well). When I replied with the timeline of what he was actually doing in class, she called me a liar and that she was going to go to the Principal because I was being such a "horrible teacher. I can't believe they let you keep your license".

I understand that it is a Thursday and the students are about as antsy as I am to get out of here, but come on! Really?

Does this mean that the rest of the day will be smooth or is this a preview of the remaining 5 classes I have to teach?

No comments: