Monday, February 25, 2013

PTC recap

So I am completely surprised. It wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. I had a few more students and their parents come that I actually needed to talk with. Shocker I know, but it did happen. Of course there are most of the failing or close to failing that didn't show up, but that is always the case.

But what stuck out to me this time around was the fact that there wasn't a lot of parents overall. This year, instead of being stuck down in the bottom "pit" of the lunchroom, they switched it and I was on the top level. Kind of a nice change. I got to see more. What I noticed was that there wasn't a lot of parents coming and going at any time. The telling fact is that I got bored, pulled out my headphones and started watching movies and TV shows. I was able to get through 3 half-hour episodes and 2 movies with very little interruption. Yeah, apparently I'm not on the top of the parent priority list. I did have a lot of students come by with a "do I get extra points if we stop here". When I say no, the parent just smiles and moves on. Fine by me. I'm great with just sitting there for 6 hours with nothing to do and a ton of things to do at home. I really wish that they would sign up for times. That way we could prove that the PTC thing as it stands just isn't working all that well.

Oh well. There's only 3 months of school left (yay!) and I've got a ton of things to do before May, so my life is about to get very busy.

No comments: